This massive kit of hands-on Common-Core-aligned tools helps increase first-grade students' grasp of text and verbalization of their understanding of fundamental concepts, providing them with opportunities to collaborate. This kit focuses on essential CCSS skills, from reading with expression to determining the central message, or main idea, in a story. Includes a plastic storage bin with lid! See Specifications for a list of all products included in this kit and which CCSS domains and standards are covered.
All products were carefully chosen to help students:
- Enhance reading comprehension by identifying key details.
- Use syllables and spelling patterns to decode multi-syllable words.
- Focus on a specific topic, use details and provide a sense of closure in writing.
- Express opinions and use relevant facts while speaking to others.
- Select appropriate verb tenses and use context clues to determine the meaning of unknown words.
CHOKING HAZARD – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.